Indian Head Massage
This GTi Indian Head Massage course follows the National Occupational Standards and covers all the necessary anatomy & physiology, plus reception, consultation, aftercare guidance and contra-indications to treatment.
This course covers the technique for upper back, shoulder, upper arm, neck, scalp and face massage. It also includes the theory behind Indian Head Massage such as the history of the treatment, principles of ayurveda, marma points and chakras.
The course is written and accompanied by full-colour images and diagrams. Upon completion of the online theory modules, you will receive a PDF manual which you can refer back to. Seventeen of the modules and examinations are completed online with full online support available. Photographs and videos ensure this course is both engaging and informative to give you the confidence to perform the Indian Head Massage.
You will have the opportunity to practice the routine on friends and family before being assessed.
• Introduction,Reception & Consultation
• Anatomy & Physiology – Skin & Hair Types
• Anatomy & Physiology -The Muscular System
• Anatomy & Physiology – The Skeletal System
• Anatomy & Physiology – The Cardiovascular & The Lymphatic Systems
• Anatomy & Physiology – The Endocrine, The Nervous & The Respiratory Systems
• Anatomy & Physiology – The Skin
• Contra-Actions & Contra-Indications
• Massage Benefits
• Massage Mediums & Benefits
• Marma Pressure Points & Chakras
• Technique – Upper Back & Shoulder Massage
• Technique – Upper Arm & Neck Massage
• Technique – Scalp Massage
• Technique – Face Massage
• Treatment Adaptations & Aftercare
• Practical Module
Theory Hours: 17 Hours (This is completed at your own pace)
Practical Hours: 6 Hours
CPD Points: 29 Points
Qualification Obtained: GTi Award
Share this course: